The Mandala Center is a quiet and intimate retreat offering accommodations for up to 24 people at one time in double room occupancy.
The Casa Mandala offers spacious and comforting rooms with large windows welcoming nature’s splendor. It is decorated with a wide variety of heirloom furniture and art from around the world. Curving walls mirror the curving slopes of the Sierra Grande Mountain on which it is nestled.
This straw bale structure, completed in 1997, was added when it became clear this “Center” was calling to the world and welcoming travelers, modern pilgrims, and seekers to its doors.
The Wolf Lodge is approximately 3200 square feet and includes 8 guest rooms (double occupancy) and a large common area for meetings, relaxation and fellowship. Each room has its own private bath and one bathroom is especially designed for handicapped accessibility. This lodge also includes a kitchenette for guests, particularly people on private individual retreat to use for food preparation. There is a covered broad deck looking up to the peak of Sierra Grande and across the range to Capulin National Monument. Full capacity holds 16 people.
Next to the Casa Mandala is a smaller quieter structure that houses four double occupancy rooms and shared baths. It is approximately 1400 square feet with foyers but does not have a common area or kitchenette. The rooms serve as suites with a bath area between them. The bath area is divided allowing for the separate use of showers and toilet/sink areas. Full capacity holds 8 people.
The labyrinth is a winding pathway, created in circuits, leading to a center. It is considered to be a spiritual tool that helps us to “center” ourselves. The labyrinth image has been in use in cultures around the world for thousands of years and is believed to represent a pilgrimage of sacred meaning. Our labyrinth is imaged after the Chartres design in the Chartres Cathedral in France, which was built around the year 1200AD. We offer this space for your use for prayer, meditation and inspiration. You can also view our Labyrinth on the Labyrinth Locator at www.labyrinthsociety.org.
The historic outdoor Chapel of San Lorenzo, hidden among the Junipers on the property has been a place of pilgrimage for local gatherers over the years. The shrine was established more than 60 years ago by Jake Lujan and his wife Dolores in honor of his father Lorenzo Lujan and San Lorenzo. Jake was one of seven sons and his father passed away in 1937. Mass was held at the outdoor shrine as a tradition. The Chapel is in need of restoration (whenever the know-how and funds become available) but nonetheless provides an intriguing and soulful destination for quiet reflection.